GES 2019 will be a truly global summit. Over 5,500 applications have been received from entrepreneurs based in more than 140 countries.
By now, 1,200 applicants have been selected to attend, and are receiving their personal invitations to register for GES 2019 on a rolling basis.
The list of entrepreneurs registered so far is published on our website and updated regularly as registrations are coming in.
About the selection process
To each group we assigned a diverse set of independent judges. These:
- had not previously been involved in any aspects of developing GES 2019;
- were especially selected for their technical and executive expertise within their assigned sector group;
- included investors, industry experts, entrepreneurs, knowledge experts, and executive leaders from the corporate world.
These jury members screened and selected all entrepreneurs within each specific focus area that have applied online. They assigned scores in accordance to each of the following criteria:
- The extent to which applicants present new, transformative or innovative solutions that provide a suitable response to a problem in the market.
- The extent to which applicants have demonstrated their capability to scale internationally.
- The applicants’ capability to fully participate at GES 2019 in English.
- The extent to which applicants represent underrepresented groups, regions, industries, or sectors or provide a different perspective that could add to the diversity of GES 2019.
- The extent to which the entrepreneurs’ applications demonstrate that they would be able to present an attractive pitch to potential investors, sponsors or funders.
- The extent to which applicants have successfully communicated the impact and potential of their solutions in a way that would be inspiring and understandable to a broader public.
- The quality of the application, expressed in an overall score.
Following the completion of the initial rating process, all jury members came together to collaboratively assess the applications, and made a final selection.
Participants do not need to pay a registration or conference fee.